The article provides a good explanation of how early married bishops, priests, and deacons addressed the subject of continence and celibacy, the Church as virgin bride, marriage before and after ordination, and how this all relates to Scripture.
April 22, 2017
The biblical foundation of priestly celibacy
By Rob Brock
About Rob Brock
A Catholic convert with a fire for discipleship, catechesis, and formation that leads to transformed lives in Christ. View all posts by Rob Brock
This entry was posted on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 at 8:30 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Comments are disabled.
- U.S. bishop criticizes Vatican advisor for being part of ‘LGBT lobby…within the church’
- Vatican archbishop: Pope Francis opened Communion to adulterers
- Pope Benedict: A ‘capsizing’ church needs courageous bishops
- Priest rebukes Vatican archbishop: No, Christian values don’t ‘defend themselves’
- Overcoming Diabolical Disorientation with Sign of Cross
TagsAbortion Apostles Creed Blogging Catechesis Charisms Combat Condemn Councils Culture Deeds Doctrine Early Church Ecumenism Eucharist Faith Gentiles Gifts Gnosticism History Homeschool Infanticide Interpretation Judgement Languages Law Light Luther Mission Old Testament Prayer Redemption Salt Salvation Scripture Sentence Society Teachings Testimony Tongues Truth Voting Witness